Travel English: On the Airplane: Most of us have have been on airplanes. There are many reasons why you might want to call the cabin crew, but do you know what to say? In this lesson we will learn the phrases that you can use to talk to the airline staff to get service on an airplane.
I Want Another Blanket.
James: Could I get another blanket, please? I’m a little cold.
Air Hostess: Sure. Would you like to have one or two?
James: I think one will be enough.
Air Hostess: Alright. Would you like anything else?
James: No. That’ll be all. Thank you.
Air Hostess: You’re welcome. I’ll be right back with your blanket.
What’s the Flight Schedule?
Emily: Excuse me, how long will it take to reach Seattle?
Air Hostess: It’ s a long journey. We still have 5 hours before landing.
Emily: Will there be any more meals before we land?
Air Hostess: Yes, another meal will be served in 2 hours, but I can get you a small snack now, if you like.
Emily: Yes, that would be great.
Air Hostess: No problem. I’ll be back in a moment with your snack.
Asking for a Drink.
James: Can I get something to drink, please?
Flight Attendant: Sure. Staying hydrated is important on these long flights. What would you like to drink?
James: I’d like some apple juice if you have it.
Flight Attendant: Yes, we do. Would you like to have ice in it?
James: No. It’s already quite cold here. Just get me a plain glass of juice.
Flight Attendant: Sure. Just give me a moment. I’ll be right back with it.
Asking for a Pen.
Flight Attendant: Here’s an arrival card for immigration, Ma’am.
Emily: Thanks, and I also need a pen. Could you lend me one, please?
Flight Attendant: Another cabin crew member will be bringing pens around in a moment.
Emily: That’s good. I need to fill out this immigration form before we land.
Flight Attendant: Remember it should be filled out using black ink. Someone will bring you a pen shortly.
Emily: Thanks a lot.
Could I get another blanket, please? I’m a little cold.
Excuse me, how long will it take to reach Seattle?
Will there be any more meals before we land?
Can I get something to drink, please?
I’d like some apple juice if you have it.
Thanks, and I also need a pen. Could you lend me one, please?
Airline : An airline is an organization providing a regular passenger air service.
Staff : Staff is all the people employed by a particular organization.
Blanket : A blanket is a large piece of woolen or similar material used as a bed covering or other covering for warmth.
Schedule : To schedule means to arrange or plan an event to take place at a particular time.
Journey : Journey is an act of travelling from one place to another.
Landing : Landing is an instance of coming or bringing something to land, from the air or water.
Meals : Any of the regular occasions in a day when reasonably a large amount of food is eaten.
Moment : A moment is a very brief period of time.
Hydrated : Hydrated means cause to absorb water.
Flights : It is the action or process of flying through the air.
Flight attendant : A flight attendant is an airline steward or stewardess.
Immigration : The action of coming to live permanently in a foreign country.
Lend : To lend means to grant someone the use of something on the understanding that it shall be returned.
Crew member : A crew member is the member of a flight crew.
TwoMinute Travel English lessons
- 2min English: Visiting a Museum
- 2min English: Asking for directions
- 2min English: Plans for the weekend
- 2min English: At a Hotel – Ordering Room Service
- 2min English: Planning a Weekend Getaway
- 2min English: Catching a Bus
- 2min English: Catching a Bus 2
- 2min English: Planning a vacation
- 2min English: Going on a hiking trip
- 2min English: Talking About your vacation
More TwoMinute English lessons
- 2min English: Going somewhere… Taxi; Directions
- 2min English: Ordering… Pizza; Coffee; Things online
- 2min English: At the… Supermarket; Grocery Store; Stationery shop; Bookstore
- 2min English: Vacation… Hotel; Apartment
- 2min English: Shopping for… TV; Clothes; Shoes
- 2min English: Talking about… Family; Weather; Song; Cellphone
- 2min English: Inviting people… Events; Movies; Hiking trip; Taking a break
- 2min English: At the… Airport; Train Station; Bank
- 2min English: Making… Appointment; Excuses; Hunting for a job
- 2min English: Use of… Very, Too; May (not); Can(‘t); The
Series for you
- L1: BBC 6 Minute Vocabulary with transcript videos
- L2: BBC 6 minute English with transcript videos
- L1: BBC Drama – The Race with transcript videos
- L2: The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn Easy AudioBook
- L2: Alice in Wonderland AudioBook
- L1: BBC English at Work with transcript videos
- L1: BBC How to … with transcript videos
- L2: Idiom 100 – commonly used idioms
- L2: my American friend English podcast
- L1: The History of English
Source: YouTubeMore Series for You: