Travel English: At the airport 2: Have you been to an international airport? In this lesson we will learn some of the things that you might need to say when you go to an airport and need to talk in English. Don’t forget to pause and repeat and practice with the section at the end.
At the security gate
Security Agent : Hello. Can I see your ID and the ticket please?
Passenger : Sure. Here’s my ID and m ticket.
Security Agent : Thank you. You may proceed to the check-in counter.
At the check in counter
Agent : Good evening. Welcome to A1 Airlines. Please give me your ticket and ID.
Passenger : Here they are.
Agent : Thank you. Do you have any check-in baggage?
Passenger : Yes, I have one suitcase.
Agent : Okay. Any hand-baggage?
Passenger : Yes, I am carrying my backpack into the cabin.
Agent : Here’s a security tag for your cabin-baggage please attach the tag to your bag.
Passenger : Thank you.
Choosing the seat
Agent : Would you like the window seat or the aisle seat?
Passenger : I think I will go for the aisle seat this time.
Agent : Sure sir. I can give you the aisle seat.
Passenger : Thanks. That will be very nice.
Agent : You’re welcome. Your seat number is 6D.
At the Baggage checking machine
Guard : Please take out your laptops and mobile phone and put it in this tray.
Passenger : Alright.
Guard : You can proceed to the security check. Please remember to collect your items after the check.
Passenger : Thank you, I will.
At the security check
Guard : Please empty your pockets and put the contents in the tray, and hand me your boarding pass.
Passenger : Sure.
Guard : Please raise your hands and keep them raised while I inspect you.
Passenger : No problems.
Guard : Okay, you’re cleared to go. Here’s your boarding pass.
Passenger : Thank you.
Can I see your ID and the ticket please?
Thank you. You may proceed to the check-in counter.
Do you have any check-in baggage?
Airport : An airport is a location where aircrafts take off, land and is used for maintenance of aircraft, with facilities for passengers.
Airline : An airline is a company that provides air transport services for travelling passengers and freight.
Luggage : Personal belongings packed in suitcases for travelling is your luggage.
Check-in : The check- in process at airports enables passengers to check in luggage onto a plane and to obtain a boarding pass.
Security Check : Security check is the process when you with your baggage are checked to make sure you are not carrying any restricted items onto the airplane.
Boarding Pass : This is a pass that allows you to get on the Airplane.
Aircraft : An aircraft is a machine that is able to fly by gaining support from the air. Also known as aeroplane or simply plane.
Cabin : Cabin is basically the interior of an aircraft.
Cargo Hold : Cargo hold is the place where all the check in baggage is stored in the aircraft.
Flight : Another name for your plane’s journey from your boarding place to the destination. It’s sometimes used to refer to the aircraft itself./p>
Floatation Cushion : Floatation cushion is a kind of life jacket that is provided to you during emergency landings in a sea, for safety measures.
Passenger : Someone who travels in the aircraft and is not a crew member.
Security Tag : It is the tag added to a passenger’s baggage to make sure that the baggage has been checked.
Purser : A purser is the member of an aircrew employed to ensure the safety and comfort of passengers.
Flight Attendants : They are also members of the aircrew who are also responsible for the safety and comfort of the passengers.
TwoMinute Travel English lessons
- 2min English: Asking for directions
- 2min English: Catching a Bus
- 2min English: Talking About Your Car Problems
- 2min English: Planning a vacation
- 2min English: Visiting a Museum
- 2min English: Moving To a Different City
- 2min English: At the Airport
- 2min English: At a Hotel – Ordering Room Service
- 2min English: At the airport 2
- 2min English: Catching a Bus 2
More TwoMinute English lessons
- 2min English: At the… Supermarket; Grocery Store; Stationery shop; Bookstore
- 2min English: At a… Hospital; Restaurant; Gym
- 2min English: Vacation… Hotel; Apartment
- 2min English: Describing… People; Things
- 2min English: Shopping for… TV; Clothes; Shoes
- 2min English: Going somewhere… Taxi; Directions
- 2min English: Greeting, introducing
- 2min English: Talking about… Family; Weather; Song; Cellphone
- 2min English: Inviting people… Events; Movies; Hiking trip; Taking a break
- 2min English: Like; Dislike; Sorry
Series for you
- L1: BBC Drama – The Race with transcript videos
- L2: Alice in Wonderland AudioBook
- L1: TwoMinute English
- L2: Study English – IELTS Preparation
- L1: BBC English at Work with transcript videos
- L1: BBC 6 Minute Vocabulary with transcript videos
- L1: extr@ English with subtitles
- L2: Reuters Short Videos
- L2: Idiom 100 – commonly used idioms
- L2: Daily Dose of English
Source: YouTubeMore Series for You: