Travel English: Catching a Bus: The bus is one of the main form of public transportation in metros as well as non-metro cities. Buses connect us and help us reach our destination at the lowest price everyday.
If you travel by bus regularly, you must be aware of the routes and schedules in your area. But, what if you are in a new town and don’t know which bus to take? You’ll need to interact with fellow passengers to get details on the route that would suit you. How will you do that?
Which Bus Goes To Minute Maid Park
Albert: Hey! I’m new to this town. Would you tell me which bus goes to Minute Maid park?
William: Sure! You can take Route No. 23B or 34B, whichever comes first.
Albert: Are these direct lines or might I need to change else where.
William: No. Both these buses are direct.
Albert: That’d be great! When can I expect them?
William: 24B should be here in a few minutes.
Albert: Thanks for the help. I hope I didn’t take too much of your time.
William: That’s okay. We all need help sometimes.
What Is The Fare?
Brian: Where do you want to go?
Gary: I want to go to Rocksprings. What is the fare for that route?
Brian: It’s $1.
Gary: That’s pretty high. Last time I visited Dallas, it was 50 cents on the same route.
Brian: Yup, but there was a hike in the fares recently. Now it’s 1 dollar.
Do You Have Change?
Brian: How much is the fare to Rodeland?
Williams: It’s 60 cents.
Brian: I’m afraid I don’t have any change. Could you break $5?
William: Sure thing!
Brian: Thank you so much.
Booking The Tickets in Advance
Gary: What do you think would be the best way to travel to Rockshire?
Albert: I think the bus would be cheapest. You’ll easily get the booking and it will get you to the destination pretty early.
Gary: Okay. Can I book the bus tickets online?
Albert: Yep, you can book your bus ticket on bookmybus.com.
Gary: Thank you. I will book the tickets online.
Albert: No problems. Have a safe trip!
Would you tell me which bus goes to Minute Maid park?
Are these direct lines or might I need to change else where.
When can I expect them?
I wanna to go to Rocksprings. What is the fare for that route?
Can I book the bus tickets online?
I’m afraid I don’t have any change. Could you break 5?
TwoMinute Travel English lessons
- 2min English: At a Hotel – Ordering Room Service
- 2min English: Catching a Bus 2
- 2min English: Plans for the weekend
- 2min English: Asking for directions
- 2min English: Planning a vacation
- 2min English: Going on a hiking trip
- 2min English: On the Airplane
- 2min English: Backpacking in Thailand!
- 2min English: At the train station
- 2min English: Talking About Public Transportation
More TwoMinute English lessons
- 2min English: Inviting people… Events; Movies; Hiking trip; Taking a break
- 2min English: Like; Dislike; Sorry
- 2min English: At a… Hospital; Restaurant; Gym
- 2min English: At the… Supermarket; Grocery Store; Stationery shop; Bookstore
- 2min English: Going somewhere… Taxi; Directions
- 2min English: Talking about… Family; Weather; Song; Cellphone
- 2min English: Vacation… Hotel; Apartment
- 2min English: Making… Appointment; Excuses; Hunting for a job
- 2min English: Use of… Very, Too; May (not); Can(‘t); The
- 2min English: Ordering… Pizza; Coffee; Things online
Series for you
- L2: BBC 6 minute English with transcript videos
- L2: Learn English with engvid ESL video lessons
- L1: BBC English Idioms
- L2: The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn Easy AudioBook
- L2: Daily Dose of English
- L1: BBC Face Up to Phrasals with transcript videos
- L2: Reuters Short Videos
- L1: Living English Video Series
- L1: extr@ English with subtitles
- L1: TwoMinute English
Source: YouTubeMore Series for You: