Travel English: At a Hotel – Ordering Room Service: Staying in a hotel or a guest house can be quite a relaxing experience. You can order anything in your room without having to go out and get it yourself. Well, sometimes it can be difficult to communicate your needs to the hotel management service while asking for room service. In this video, we’ll learn some phrases for different situations in which you’d like to order room service in English.
Albert: Hello! I’m calling from room no. 324. I’d like to order dinner in my room.
Samantha: Sure. What’d you like to have?
Albert: Please send 1 vegetarian platter, 2 servings of crispy garlic noodles and 1 serving of mushroom gravy.
Samantha: Alright. Is there anything you’d like to drink?
Albert: Do you serve wine in the room?
Samantha: I’m afraid not. Alcoholic drinks are served only at the hotel bar.
Albert: Not a problem. Just send the food, please. How long would that be ?
Samantha: Max 30 minutes.
Albert: That’ll be fine. Thank you.
Asking for Laundry Service.
Gerard: Hi! Can you send someone to pick up the laundry from my room? It’s number 346.
Jerry: Sure. Is there anyone in the room?
Gerard: Yes. My wife’s there. Could you send someone right now? We are leaving in 15 minutes.
Jerry: Alright. I’ll ask the housekeeping staff to pick it up immediately.
Gerard: Thank you so much.
Ordering from Housekeeping.
Terrance: I’d like to get two fresh towels, please.
Jerry: Sure. Do you need anything else, Sir?
Terrance: No. That’s all for now.
Jerry: I am sending someone right away.
Terrance : Thank you.
Samantha: Room service. How may I help you?
Albert: Good morning. This is room 234. Can I have some breakfast?
Samantha: Of course. Do you want the English breakfast with coffee?
Albert: Nah! I just want some fruits and a glass of carrot juice.
Albert: Yup. How long will it take?
Samantha: Be there in 10 minutes.
Albert: Great! Thank you.
I’m calling from room no. 324. I’d like to order dinner in my room.
Do you serve wine in the room?
Just send the food, please. How much time will it take?
Can you send someone to pick up the laundry from my room?
Can you send someone right now?
I’d like to get two fresh towels, please.
Good morning. This is room 234. Can I have some breakfast?
I just want some fruits and a glass of carrot juice.
TwoMinute Travel English lessons
- 2min English: Moving To a Different City
- 2min English: At the Airport
- 2min English: Plans for the weekend
- 2min English: At the train station
- 2min English: At the airport 2
- 2min English: Planning a vacation
- 2min English: Planning a Weekend Getaway
- 2min English: At the Travel Agency
- 2min English: Talking About your vacation
- 2min English: Backpacking in Thailand!
More TwoMinute English lessons
- 2min English: Greeting, introducing
- 2min English: Ordering… Pizza; Coffee; Things online
- 2min English: Talking about… Family; Weather; Song; Cellphone
- 2min English: Going somewhere… Taxi; Directions
- 2min English: At the… Supermarket; Grocery Store; Stationery shop; Bookstore
- 2min English: Use of… Very, Too; May (not); Can(‘t); The
- 2min English: Making… Appointment; Excuses; Hunting for a job
- 2min English: At the… Airport; Train Station; Bank
- 2min English: Vacation… Hotel; Apartment
- 2min English: Describing… People; Things
Series for you
- L1: BBC English Idioms
- L1: TwoMinute English
- L1: BBC Drama – The Race with transcript videos
- L1: BBC Drama – Frankenstein with transcript videos
- L1: The History of English
- L2: Learn English with engvid ESL video lessons
- L1: BBC English at Work with transcript videos
- L1: BBC The Flatmates
- L2: BBC 6 minute English with transcript videos
- L1: Learning English Podcast (HAU)
Source: YouTubeMore Series for You: