Travel English: Planning a vacation: Time to take a break from your work? Go for a vacation somewhere nice, and while you’re there improve your English too. In this lesson you will learn the phrases and words that you can use when you plan your vacation.
At exam hall
Luna: I am too scared to sit in the exam today.
Michael: I don’t think it will be very tough.
Luna: Well, I want to give it next week.
Michael: You can tell the coordinator you are not prepared enough.
Luna: Yes, but she is very strict. I don’t think she will give me an extension.
At a restaurant
Luna: The best thing is that this restaurant is not very expensive.
Michael: Yes, I like this place. They make very good coffee.
Luna: I am not going to drink coffee today. It’s too hot to drink coffee.
Michael: You could drink cold coffee then.
Luna: That’s a very good idea. I will have cold coffee.
Michael: Excellent! I will have cold coffee too.
Inviting for a party
Michael: I am going to a party on new year’s. What’s your plan?
Luna: Oh gosh! I love to party. Can I come too?
Michael: Sure you can! It’s at a friend’s place. I will tell her I am bringing a friend too.
Luna: Thank you very much. You are too nice.
Michael: Hey! It’s alright. I will have more fun with you there.
At stationary store
Michael: Hello, I am looking to buy some pens and some notebooks too.
George : Do you want an ink-pen or a ball pen?
Michael: Ink pens are too messy. I will take the ball pen please.
George : Okay. And what about the notebook? Will a thin one do?
Michael: No, I need a very thick notebook for college. I make a lot of notes.
George : Alright. I will get you a ball pen and a very thick notebook too.
Michael: Thank you very much.
At the office
Michael: George, did you complete the presentation I assigned you yesterday?
George : Yes I did, but I had to work very hard. I had to stay up till 12.
Michael: Really? That’s too bad. I didn’t know it would take that long.
George : No problems. I like to meet the deadlines if I can.
Michael: Yes, you’re a great worker, but I think you work too hard.
George : Maybe, but I guess somebody has to get the job done.
Michael: Thank you very much George. I appreciate it.
I am too scared to sit in the exam today.
Do you want an ink-pen or a ball pen?
Oh gosh! I love to party. Can I come too?
The best thing is that this restaurant is not very expensive.
Did you complete the presentation I assigned you yesterday?
Exam : A set of questions or exercises evaluating skill or knowledge.
Tough : Something that is tough means something very hard.
Coordinator : A coordinator is a person whose task is to see that work goes on harmoniously.
Prepared : To make something ready for use or consideration.
Strict : A person who is strict demands total obedience or observance.
Extension : Extension is a part that is added to something to enlarge or prolong it, a continuation.
Restaurant : Restaurant is a place where people pay to eat meals.
Expensive : Something that is very expensive means it costs a lot of money.
Invite : To invite means to make a formal, polite or friendly request to someone to go somewhere or to do something.
Plan : A plan is a detailed proposal for doing or achieving something.
Stationery Store : A stationery shop is a place where stationery is sold, such as pens, papers, notebooks, etc.
Presentation : Presentation is the giving of something to someone, especially as a part of a formal ceremony.
Assigned : Assigned means to appoint someone to a particular job or task.
Deadline : Deadline is the latest time or date by which something should be completed.
Worker : A worker is a person who does a specified kind of a work.
Job : A job is a paid position of regular employment.
Appreciate : To appreciate means to be grateful for something.
TwoMinute Travel English lessons
- 2min English: Moving To a Different City
- 2min English: Talking About Your Car Problems
- 2min English: When You’re Pulled Over
- 2min English: Planning a vacation
- 2min English: At the train station
- 2min English: At a Hotel – Ordering Room Service
- 2min English: Visiting a Museum
- 2min English: Talking About Public Transportation
- 2min English: On the Airplane
- 2min English: At the airport 2
More TwoMinute English lessons
- 2min English: At the… Airport; Train Station; Bank
- 2min English: At the… Supermarket; Grocery Store; Stationery shop; Bookstore
- 2min English: Use of… Very, Too; May (not); Can(‘t); The
- 2min English: Greeting, introducing
- 2min English: Going somewhere… Taxi; Directions
- 2min English: Like; Dislike; Sorry
- 2min English: Making… Appointment; Excuses; Hunting for a job
- 2min English: Ordering… Pizza; Coffee; Things online
- 2min English: At a… Hospital; Restaurant; Gym
- 2min English: Talking about… Family; Weather; Song; Cellphone
Series for you
- L1: BBC Face Up to Phrasals with transcript videos
- L1: The History of English
- L1: TwoMinute English
- L2: My Australia
- L1: BBC How to … with transcript videos
- L1: extr@ English with subtitles
- L2: Study English – IELTS Preparation
- L1: BBC The Flatmates
- L2: Alice in Wonderland AudioBook
- L2: my American friend English podcast
Source: YouTubeMore Series for You: