Travel English: Plans for the weekend: The weekend is the most anticipated time of the week. We make plans to hang out with our friends and family members to get relief from all the worries of work and the stress of deadlines. In this video, we’ll take a look at some phrases that you can use to interact with your friends and family to discuss weekend plans.
Weekend Office Trip.
Ben : The office is organizing a trip to Welhams National Park on Saturday. Are you coming?
Christine: This weekend?
Ben : No, the next one. Most of the staff is going.
Christine : Next weekend? Oh no! My husband and I already have some plans.
Ben : Well, that’s sad. You won’t be coming then?
Christine : I’m so sorry. But it’s just not possible. We’ve been planning it for a long time.
Ben : I understand. We’ll miss you.
Family Weekend Trip.
Pearl: Hey Lisa, I was wondering. We should plan an outing for this weekend.
Lisa: Well, that’s an idea to think about.
Pearl: It’s been awhile, since we had a good weekend together as a family.
Lisa: Where do you think we should go?
Pearl: I think the beach will be good. The weather is nice and the kids will love it.
Lisa: Yeah, Ben loves the beach. We could totally go there!
Pearl: Alright sis. It’s final.
What’s Your Plan?
Lisa: What’s up, Christine ?
Christine : Not much. Any special plans for the weekend?
Lisa: Well, I’m going to spend this weekend with the family.
Christine : That’s good. Who’s coming?
Lisa: My sister Pearl, and she’s bringing her husband and her kids along. My daughter just loves them.
Christine : Sounds like fun! You guys will have a great time.
Lisa: I hope so. What about you? Got any plans for the weekend?
Christine : (Sigh) I wish. I have some work that I need to finish. Gotta focus on that.
Lisa: Awww, poor girl!
Had a Fantastic Weekend!
Ben : Hey Christine! Welcome back. You look all tanned and sunny.
Christine: Thanks Ben. I had a great weekend at the beach.
Ben : That’s fantastic! Did you guys go swimming?
Christine: No! But we made sandcastles and played ball.
Ben : Good clean fun. I am glad you enjoyed it. Back to work now, right?
Christine: Yep! There’s a big load of things to do this week.
The office is organizing a trip to Welhams National Park on Saturday. Are you coming?
We’ve been planning it for a long time.
Where do you think we should go?
I think the beach will be good.
We could totally go there!
Any special plans for the weekend?
Well, I’m going to spend this weekend with the family.
I had a great weekend at the beach.
TwoMinute Travel English lessons
- 2min English: Plans for the weekend
- 2min English: Going on a hiking trip
- 2min English: At the train station
- 2min English: Backpacking in Thailand!
- 2min English: At the Airport
- 2min English: When You’re Pulled Over
- 2min English: Talking About your vacation
- 2min English: Planning a vacation
- 2min English: Planning a Weekend Getaway
- 2min English: At the airport 2
More TwoMinute English lessons
- 2min English: Shopping for… TV; Clothes; Shoes
- 2min English: Going somewhere… Taxi; Directions
- 2min English: At the… Supermarket; Grocery Store; Stationery shop; Bookstore
- 2min English: At a… Hospital; Restaurant; Gym
- 2min English: Inviting people… Events; Movies; Hiking trip; Taking a break
- 2min English: Use of… Very, Too; May (not); Can(‘t); The
- 2min English: At the… Airport; Train Station; Bank
- 2min English: Vacation… Hotel; Apartment
- 2min English: Talking about… Family; Weather; Song; Cellphone
- 2min English: Greeting, introducing
Series for you
- L2: Study English – IELTS Preparation
- L2: English Slang Dictionary
- L1: BBC 6 Minute Vocabulary with transcript videos
- L1: Listen to English – ESL British Podcasts
- L2: Learn English with engvid ESL video lessons
- L1: Living English Video Series
- L1: BBC How to … with transcript videos
- L2: A.A. Milne – Winnie the Pooh AudioBook
- L2: The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn Easy AudioBook
- L2: The Secret Garden AudioBook
Source: YouTubeMore Series for You: