Travel English: At the Travel Agency: We often need to travel to places. It may be for a business meeting or a family outing. Sometimes we may plan our trip using travel agents. When we do so, we need to talk to them in order to have a ticket booked or find a good place to stay. In this video, you will learn how to talk to an agent when you need to book a ticket, find a hotel or even cancel a ticket.
Booking a Ticket.
Mike: Hello, I need to schedule my trip to Paris for next week?
Henrita: When would you like to travel?
Mike: I have to reach Paris by the 24th.
Henrita: Is this a round trip? Will you need a return ticket, too?
Mike: Yes. Check that for 31st in the evening.
Henrita: Yes, there’s a nonstop flight to Paris from Kennedy airport on 24th at 6AM. On 31st you may board flight 309 which is also nonstop at 4:30PM.
Mike: Okay, fine. I think that can work for me.
Henrita: Would you like to book the tickets then?
Mike: What’s the cost?
Henrita: It’ll be $2750.
Mike: Do you accept cards?
Henrita: Yes, we do.
Booking a Hotel.
Mike: I’d like to book a hotel in Paris, please.
Henrita: Sure, we can help you find a great place.
Mike: Well, I need a budget hotel that’s near the marketplaces.
Henrita: Certainly, just give me a sec…Okay, here’s one. It’s the Belladonna on Locke Avenue.
Mike: What are the rates for 1 person?
Henrita: It costs $150 per night. The room is big and has one queen size bed.
Mike: Okay, book that for 3 nights then, from 24th to 26th of this month.
Henrita: Certainly Sir, is there anything else I could help you with?
Mike: That’d all for now, thank you!
Enquiring for a Lower Fare.
Jack: How may I help you?
Emma: I need to book three tickets in economy class for Tokyo on the 28th of May.
Jack: Okay…Yes, here’s a flight on ANA from San Francisco to Tokyo. Would you like the return tickets, too?
Emma: No, just one way. How much is the fare?
Jack: It would be $5570 for the three tickets.
Emma: Are there any other cheaper flights?
Jack: This is the cheapest for that day. However, if you book for the 1st of June, you’ll have to pay only $4800 for three tickets on JAL.
Emma: I see. Let me talk to my husband and call you back.
Cancelling a Booking.
Emma: Hello, I need to cancel my flight to Tokyo.
Jack: Okay. Do you know the date and the reservation number?
Emma: I booked it yesterday. It’ll be under Emma Brown, number Z21455.
Jack: Alright, here’s it. It’s flight 1200 to Tokyo on June 2nd, right? Seat numbers 88A and 88B…
Emma: Yeah, yeah. That’s the one.
Jack: Would you like to cancel both of them?
Jack: You will get back only 85% of the fare.
Emma: I understand.
Jack: Alright. Would you like to schedule another flight?
Emma: No, but I will be back to you soon.
Jack: Thank you Mrs. Watson, let me cancel your ticket.
Hello, I need to schedule my trip to Paris for next week?
I have to reach Paris by the 24th.
I’d like to book a hotel in Paris, please.
Do you accept cards?
What are the rates for 1 person?
I need to book three tickets in economy class for Tokyo on the 28th of May.
How much is the fare?
Hello, I need to cancel my flight to Tokyo.
I booked it yesterday. It’ll be under Emma Brown, number Z21455.
TwoMinute Travel English lessons
- 2min English: Backpacking in Thailand!
- 2min English: At a Hotel – Ordering Room Service
- 2min English: Catching a Bus 2
- 2min English: At the train station
- 2min English: Planning a Weekend Getaway
- 2min English: Going for a Picnic
- 2min English: Plans for the weekend
- 2min English: Talking About Your Car Problems
- 2min English: Planning a vacation
- 2min English: Going on a hiking trip
More TwoMinute English lessons
- 2min English: At the… Supermarket; Grocery Store; Stationery shop; Bookstore
- 2min English: Like; Dislike; Sorry
- 2min English: Describing… People; Things
- 2min English: Shopping for… TV; Clothes; Shoes
- 2min English: Ordering… Pizza; Coffee; Things online
- 2min English: Greeting, introducing
- 2min English: Making… Appointment; Excuses; Hunting for a job
- 2min English: Going somewhere… Taxi; Directions
- 2min English: Inviting people… Events; Movies; Hiking trip; Taking a break
- 2min English: At the… Airport; Train Station; Bank
Series for you
- L2: The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn Easy AudioBook
- L1: BBC The English We Speak with transcript videos
- L2: BBC 6 minute English with transcript videos
- L2: Study English – IELTS Preparation
- L1: The History of English
- L2: Commonly Used American Idioms
- L2: Daily Dose of English
- L2: Learn English with engvid ESL video lessons
- L1: BBC English at Work with transcript videos
- L1: BBC Drama – Frankenstein with transcript videos
Source: YouTubeMore Series for You: