Travel English: Visiting a Museum: The museum preserves historical things and artefacts, also called antiques. In this lesson we will talk about a visit to a museum.
Planning a Visit to the Museum
Duke: Vella. Why don’t you take Vincent somewhere this Sunday?
Vella: Hmm…Should I take him to my mom’s?
Duke: Vella…Did you forget? He went to grandma’s just last week!
Vella: Oh! Sorry…My mistake…I’ll take him to the Smithsonian Institution.
Duke: Now that’s like a real mom!
Vella: Yeah! I think he will love it. It will be very educational for him!
Duke: It will sure be. I hope he doesn’t turn out to be an archaeologist like you though.
Vella: Hey! What’s wrong with archaeology?
Duke: It’s very nice! But they are obsessed with old junk!
Vella: Now that’s very mean, Duke!
Getting the Entry Tickets
Vella: Two tickets, please.
Frank: Oh, I see your boy there. Two tickets for you and him?
Vella: That’s right.
Frank: How old is he?
Vella: He’s 8 years old.
Frank: Then you’ll need only one ticket, for you.
Vella: Oh! What a nice surprise!
Frank: Here’s your ticket.
Vella: Thank you.
Talking to a Museum Guide
Vella: Excuse me. May I know which way is the art gallery?
Cindy: Sure Ma’am. It’s on the third floor.
Vella: This museum is large! It’s difficult to find everything.
Cindy: Please check the floor plan near the stairs at every entrance.
Vella: Oh thank you! I will keep a watch out for those.
Cindy: Do you have the booklet guide to the museum?
Vella: Sorry! I actually forgot to take that.
Cindy: That’s fine. Here’s one for you.
Vella: Thank you! Hope I don’t get lost again!
Talking About the Visit
Duke: So how did you like the museum visit?
Vella: It was fantastic! David was very interested in pre-historical things.
Duke: All kids are! I am sure he loved looking at the dinosaur bones.
Vella: Yes! And the tools made by the cavemen. He loved them.
Duke: What else did you see?
Vella: Lots of things. I enjoyed seeing the costumes and exhibits from hundreds of years ago.
Duke: Yes, museums give us a glimpse into the past.
Vella: I hope next time you can come with us, Duke.
I think he will love it. It will be very educational for him!
May I know which way is the art gallery?
This museum is large! It’s difficult to find everything.
Please check the floor plan near the stairs at every entrance.
Do you have the booklet guide to the museum?
So how did you like the museum visit?
I am sure he loved looking at the dinosaur bones.
And the tools made by the cavemen. He loved them.
I enjoyed seeing the costumes and exhibits from hundreds of years ago.
TwoMinute Travel English lessons
- 2min English: At the train station
- 2min English: When You’re Pulled Over
- 2min English: Talking About Public Transportation
- 2min English: Visiting a Museum
- 2min English: At a Hotel – Ordering Room Service
- 2min English: Planning a vacation
- 2min English: Talking About Your Car Problems
- 2min English: Catching a Bus
- 2min English: On the Airplane
- 2min English: Talking About your vacation
More TwoMinute English lessons
- 2min English: At the… Airport; Train Station; Bank
- 2min English: Inviting people… Events; Movies; Hiking trip; Taking a break
- 2min English: Vacation… Hotel; Apartment
- 2min English: Going somewhere… Taxi; Directions
- 2min English: At a… Hospital; Restaurant; Gym
- 2min English: Making… Appointment; Excuses; Hunting for a job
- 2min English: Like; Dislike; Sorry
- 2min English: Greeting, introducing
- 2min English: Describing… People; Things
- 2min English: Talking about… Family; Weather; Song; Cellphone
Series for you
- L2: My Australia
- L2: The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn Easy AudioBook
- L1: Living English Video Series
- L2: Shepherd Grammar
- L1: BBC 6 Minute Vocabulary with transcript videos
- L2: Study English – IELTS Preparation
- L1: TwoMinute English
- L2: Commonly Used American Idioms
- L1: BBC Short and Easy Dramas with transcript videos
- L1: BBC How to … with transcript videos
Source: YouTubeMore Series for You: